Full Year – Level H: Incoming freshman and sophomore students must apply for admission to this program in January of the prior academic year. Acceptance into the program will be based on a science teacher recommendation, a written essay, and excellent academic grades.
Monday, May 19, 2014
2014 Amity Science Symposium
1. How did this symposium compare to others in the past? If this was your first Amity Science Symposium, was it what you expected? Explain.
2. What contribution did YOU make towards helping the symposium run smoothly (set up, planning, organizing, tributes, break down, program, certificates, food etc...).
3. How many guests (that you invited) were able to come and what was their impression?
4. If you did NOT attend the symposium, what did you do instead? Explain.
5. Prof. Jason Hancock, UConn Professor of Physics, discussed "Big Science". What was your overall impression of the Keynote presentation? Did you enjoy the topic? Was it delivered at, above or below your understanding/ability or comfort level? Why or why not? Would you be interested in pursuing research in this area?
6. What did you think about the quality and diversity of student presentations and topics?
7. Lastly, list one thing you liked BEST about the symposium (be specific) and one IMPROVEMENT that you would like to see for next year. Your BLOG post is due by the end of the first post-symposium class period.